This trick will help you to speed up your Win XP installation a bit. It helps to finish the XP installation quickly and save 15-20 minutes on every install.
1. Boot with XP CD/DVD.
2. Format your target drive (i.e. C:) with NTFS QUICK.
3. When all the setup files are copied, the system re-boots.
4. Now the installation starts and shows you about 39 minutes remaining time. Here, press SHIFT+F10, this will bring Command Prompt Window.
5. In command window, type “taskmgr”, this will bring GUI of Task Manager to your screen.
6. Go to the “Processes” tab, right-click on “setup.exe”, select “Set Priority” and then select “Above Normal”
7. Close the Task Manager Window and exit the Command Prompt typing “exit” and Enter.
Happy Quick XP Installing 😉